Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Doc, it hurts When I do This.

In the States, we have doctors and we have chiropractors. And ne’er the twain shall meet.

Well actually, every chiropractor I have ever known goes to the doctor regularly. And I have known plenty of doctors who visit a chiropractor on occasion.

But that’s all at the personal level. At the official level, there is no love lost between the two industries. In the 1980’s the American Medical Association tried to legislate the entire chiropractic industry out of existence. They didn’t succeed.

The situation could not be more different in Hong Kong. Here if you want to go visit a chiropractor, you actually have to get a note from your physician.

Must be the influence of that 3000-year old Chinese medicine.

Sounds like too much bureaucratic hassle to me. I’m just going to go downstairs to the security desk and ask that big fellow who works nights to give me a big ol’ bear hug.

That ought to do the trick.

1 comment:

  1. Guy goes to a doctor, "Doc, when I push my finger on my head here, it hurts. Why I touch my arm, it hurts. When I push on my leg, it hurts."

    Doc, "I believe you've broken your finger."

    ReplyDelete