Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Jonesing for a Hit

How is it that we now seem unable to live without technology that didn’t even exist fifteen years ago?

We have not had internet access for four days now ever since we landed. On Friday, our first full day here, Gostick was kind enough to grant us access to her computer just long enough to email our families that we had landed safely. But other than that, we’ve been www-free
for the last 96 hours.

I have to admit, I’m going little crazy. I have found myself to be on edge and a little anxious. Realizing what was making me tap my foot incessantly didn’t help me to take control of the situation. It only made it worse. I felt adrift and disconnected. How did I get to this point that I needed access to feel grounded and ordered?

Tomorrow is Monday, and I know the school has a lot of meetings and appointments planned for me. All I know is that getting me my laptop better be at the top of the list. I don’t know how much longer I can take this.

-Jack

I am happy to report that Jack got his laptop early Monday afternoon and was able to check his email shortly thereafter. His case of the detox shakes cleared up almost immediately.

-Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment