Tuesday, March 8, 2011

The Family that Hypothesizes together...

"Dear Grandma:

I finally got my science project up and running late last night with a little help from mom and dad. I think it’s going to work out really well. I’m pretty sure I’ll earn a blue ribbon. I might even win first prize.

The bad news is, I’m not sure my mom and dad’s marriage will ever recover. It’s like the Christmas tree incident of 2003 all over again.

Love,

Your granddaughter.”

Just kidding.

But isn’t it crazy how elementary school science projects end up being family endeavors?

Elise has a really cool topic. There is a myth out there that when set on an open shelf, a McDonalds hamburger will last a freakishly long time before it starts to mold or rot. The assumption is that this is because of additives and preservatives that McDonalds puts in its burgers.

Elise is trying to bust or confirm that myth.

1 comment:

  1. One of my neighbors sells Juice Plus, and as part of her "you need my product for your health, look how crappy you eat" selling points, she presents a McD's hamburger and fries she has had for YEARS-and it still pretty much looks the way it looks when you get it. Gross!

    ReplyDelete