Friday, January 7, 2011

If a Tree Falls in the Forest . . . part 1 of 2

This fall our family participated in the fun and successful anti-shark-fin soup flashmob. Then, that food court Hallelujah Chorus flashmob video was everywhere on the internet right before Christmas.

Suddenly, I had an idea: the day before Christmas break, my fellow teachers and I should sing to our students in the cafeteria flashmob style! How cool would that be? It would be a really festive and memorable way for us to end the semester. Besides, we are always requiring our students to do presentations so it would be good for them to see their teachers working together to pull off a performance.

The idea occurred to two colleagues and me Wednesday evening. We had less than 36 hours to pull this off. But hey, we’re professionals right? As a new teacher around here, I am a little hesitant to grab the reigns and start directing my colleagues around. But hey, a brilliant idea is a brilliant idea, right?

My co-conspirators and I unilaterally picked a song, assigned roles, scheduled our one rehearsal, assigned lines, and then sent out emails. The response from all the middle school teachers was enthusiastic. I was poised to impress my students and win over my colleagues in one fell swoop.

No comments:

Post a Comment