Sunday, August 22, 2010

White Walls

I've taken over 10,000 pictures since we've been here, and up until three weeks ago, I hadn't printed a single one. Inspired by the massive expanse of white walls in our new apartment and by the prints I saw in our friend's apartment this summer, I decided it was time to finally print some pictures.

We are only allowed to use sticky blue tack on our walls; no nails, no hooks. So I had to get a little creative. For a small fee the local FotoMax in Tai Wai will mount your pictures to foam-core board. That way pictures won't sag or curl in the Hong Kong humidity; but the best part is the pictures are still light enough to hang with sticky tack.

These pictures of Vietnam hang in our family room - a trip I took this summer . . . without my family.
Oops.
Next month I plan to print and hang some pictures above the sofa of the Philippines -a trip we all went on.

That should make everybody happy.
Well, everybody except for our neighbor across the hall who walked in, took one look at the wall, and asked "Where are the pictures of your family? You have pictures of a Vietnamese girl but no pictures of your own girls?"

I guess I''ll have to do a thrid collection by the dining room table.

1 comment:

  1. it turned out really cool! i am so copying your idea! is the fotomax close to the tai wai station? how much for the big size?
    Heather

    ReplyDelete