Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Happy Mother’s Day

Hong Kong is a bi-lingual city. Seven million people had to learn English so that I wouldn't have to learn Cantonese. Thanks for that. Remind me to write them all a thank you note.

But once in a while the English gets a little fractured. The girls and I get our low-brow giggles by checking out t-shirts and reading signs in small mom-and-pop shops.

Sunday was Mother’s Day. Inspired by all the haiku-like fractured English she has encountered since she's been here, Annika wrote her own fractured-English Mother’s Day card for Julie. Each of the lines was inspired by real signs, labels, and t-shirts she has seen around Hong Kong.

Mom:

Thank you for the thing you do. Every day hte sun loves you liek me. You remind me of fantastic. Even ddung loves you. Every body love you.

-PigPig Family

No comments:

Post a Comment