Wednesday, February 10, 2010

I Will Write for You

Friday is Queenie's last day with us. She will not be returning to ICS after the The Chinese New Year break. I am so bummed that she is leaving. She is a really awesome kid.

Earlier this week, I e-mailed all of my students feedback on their short stories. The students were supposed to be using our time in the computer lab to encorporate those suggestions into draft two of their short stories. Queenie used that time to emailed me back (reprinted with permission).

"Mr VanNoord, it's so awkward as i'm replying to your email while you're consulting with students right now. you are... currently sitting in your blue rolling chair talking with John. Do you see me looking at you? I bet you don't. Haha.

i just wanted to say that i am really thankful that you came to teach me in 8th grade this year, even if I'm not going to finish my last year of middle school with you guys. Mr Vannoord, you were the first teacher who gave me so many chances to write and show my own style of writing in every assignment you give. Honestly, I never had much opportunities to express my own feelings into writings in all the previous years. There was much less free writing, or should i say we barely got to write stories.

I've always looked forward to a new writing assignment, no matter what topic it was going to be: Teacher's pet, Why Study History, Personal Narrative, short stories, descriptive paragraphs. i remember what i've wrote in all of them exactly. :')

Okay, one more thing. Even though you won't be able to see me every other day anymore, even though i won't be sitting next to Harry in english, or having fun in your history classes, I hope this favor i ask of you isn't too big. Although i'll be leaving and it means i'm not going to be your student anymore, i still want to write stories for you, just like the rest of the class :D If it's possible, you can just tell me what topic you guys are talking about and i'll find time to write for you!

thanks mr vannoord

Queenie"

Yes, Queenie, you may write for me anytime.

1 comment: