Sunday, May 22, 2011

I Can’t Believe You Just did That part 2 of 3

A few minutes later, I came back with the girls. When I returned, Julie looked at me, then looked at my sister, then looked back at me. Something was up.

Where are my posters?

Julie started to laugh, the kind where you are crying so hard that no sound comes out with the laughter.

What did you do with my posters?

By this time Julie was laughing/crying so hard, she couldn’t talk. She just returned to the railing, looked down, and pointed. Horrified, I looked over the edge, and saw a twenty foot drop into some really thick sub-tropical foliage.

My sister was fanning herself in an attempt to keep the tears from coming. It wasn’t working.

“I can’t believe you dropped my posters over the edge.”

“I am so sorry,” Julie managed to say between paroxysms of laughter. My sister and my wife were laughing so hard they had to hold each other up. Even my buddy David was laughing. Some friend.

I looked back over the edge to try to see my rolled-up posters in the fading light. I couldn’t. I figured the shop was closed by now so it was too late to go back and buy replacements. I looked over the railing again and tried to figure out how I was going to climb down there and retrieve my posters.

I said to no one in particular, “I’m glad that you all find this sooo funny. Ha Ha.”

Despite my panic and disappointment over my lost posters, I couldn’t help but crack a smile at the ridiculousness of it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment