Monday, May 23, 2011

I Can’t Believe You Just did That part 3 of 3

It was only as she was re-entering my peripheral vision that I realized that Julie had momentarily stepped away from the rest of us. I turned to look at her and there in her hands were my rolled-up posters. She had not dropped them over the edge after all. It was all just a conspiratorial ruse. Julie did a taunting, gleeful, little victory dance and dangled the posters just out of my reach.

This revelation only sent my wife and my sister into greater fits of tearful laughter. I looked over to my friend David. He wasn’t saying anything. He just gave me a look that said “Hey, I’m innocent here, I had nothing to do with any of this.”

Between burst of laughter, my wife pointed at me and managed to say “You were actually going to climb over the edge!” as if I were the world’s biggest idiot and this was both the stupidest plan and funniest thing she had ever heard.

Tears were rolling down my sister’s face.

I took a few minutes and a lot of deep breaths on their parts, but eventually everybody settle back down.

By this point, I too was smiling. It was all just too infectious not to join in. But I couldn’t stop shaking my head. Great, let’s all have a big laugh at the nerdy history buff’s expense.

Ha ha.

I love my wife.

I miss my sister.

And just for the record, I was fully prepared to climb over that railing.

-Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment