Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Stop, You're Ruining Everything!

The other day, I finally had a moment to sit down and turn on the tv that came with the apartment. Currently we only get four channels. After flipping through the first two Cantonese-language stations, and a local news station that broadcast in English, I switched the channel and there she was: Hannah Montana. Season 4, episode 7.

I felt like yelling at the tv. What are you doing here? Go away! You’re ruining everything. Don’t you know that we are supposed to be on an exotic adventure in a far away land? Stop being here, please.

I felt like an explorer working his way through uncharted territory in order to conquer the untamed wilderness, only to come upon a discarded, rusting washing machine.

Miley Cyrus, don’t you know that you’re the reason we moved here? We were trying to get away from you. You weren’t invited on this adventure! Go away! You’re embarrassing me.

I shut off the tv and walked out of the room. I came back an hour later only to find Annika and Elise watching The Suite Life of Zach and Cody.

After they finished watching America’s Got Talent, I made them turn it off before America’s Next Top Model came on.

No comments:

Post a Comment