Monday, May 16, 2011

Ellie Enchanted part 3 of 3

We had an awesome ten days together. It was great to have my baby sister come see the place my family and I currently call home. For some reason, it brought me a great sense of satisfaction and well-being to know that my sister had seen the little table where my family and I eat our dinner every night, the desk where I sit to grade papers, and the balcony we sit on to look out over the mountains.

We visited Lamma Island and ate at the Deli Lamma (get it? Deli Lamma), hit the shopping malls and the night markets, and visited a sea-side village built on stilts.


And somewhere along the way, between rummaging for bargain clothes on Fa Yuen Street, seeing monkeys on our mountain hike, and checking out all the Hong Kong street fashion, Hong Kong wormed its way into my niece’s heart.


To be honest, it was probably in spite of my best efforts, not because of them.


Before they left, my sister confided in me that Ellie had shared with her that she “Absolutely loves Hong Kong. She doesn’t want to leave.”


Mission accomplished.


Few things in life are better than having the people you love, love the things you love.

No comments:

Post a Comment