Thursday, February 24, 2011

February Hong Kong-isms

In Hong Kong if you go to the ATM and withdraw money, when you’re done, the screen will prompt you to take the machine’s “advice.” No, the ATM is not re-commending that you use the money to buy your mother some flowers. “Advice” in this case simply means a receipt or a paper notice.

Also, now that flu season is here, you might want to consider going to the clinic and getting –not a flu shot, but a flu “jab.”

A jab?

Yup.

If they’re trying to convince me to come in for preventative health care, I would think that they could entice me with something more appealing that an offer to jab me. I mean, given the choice between the two, I think I would rather . . .

. . . um, oops, never mind . . .

Now that I think about it, I guess I would rather be jabbed than shot.

Happy jabbing everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment