Friday, March 4, 2011

Blog post picked up by Chicago Tribune

After I posted my blog entry about the wikification of the world, I got the following email from a good friend of mine, "Jack, after reading your Wiki-world blog, I gotta say, if there were a Pulitzer for blogging, I'd nominate your Wiki blog from Tuesday. If that's an original thought, it's brilliant. I love the travelogue, but I like reading your political commentary too."

I emailed Rick back, thanked him, and assured him it was a JVN original. He then wrote back and said I should “submit it for publication someplace.”

I blew it off at first, but then later that day, I decided “Why not?” So I sent it off to the Chicago Tribune and the South China Morning Post.

Then Thursday morning waiting in my in-box was the following email from Marci Lythcott over at the Chicago Tribune, “The Chicago Tribune plans to publish your piece on Thursday morning.”

Whoo-hoo.

Then just to make sure my head wasn’t getting too big, about an hour later, I heard back from the South China Morning Post. “Thanks for the piece Jack, but I won’t be using it. Best regards, Rob.”

Ouch.

I didn’t want him to feel bad about possibly making me feel bad, so I emailed him back “That’s okay. Don’t worry about it. The Chicago Tribune is picking it up.”

Here is the link to the Tribune article:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/opinion/ct-oped-0303-wiki-20110303,0,3948115.story

No comments:

Post a Comment