Saturday, December 11, 2010

I Meant it in a Good Way

Apparently, it’s not socially acceptable to say to your very pregnant friend, “Amber, you’re not that big -just because your stomach enters the room three minutes before you do”.

Well, now you tell me.

Women –it turns out- already know this.

Which got me to thinking that if men were the ones who got pregnant, the social protocol surrounding pregnancy would be radically different.

Gus: Heya fellas. Long time, no see.

Everyone: Hi Gus.

Fred: Dude, you are so huge!

Burt (high-fiving Gus): You are -like, as big as a house!

Fred: How much have you gained?

Gus: (beaming from ear to ear) Forty-seven pounds.

Everyone: Awesome! You are da man!

Fred: (knuckle-tapping Gus) Sweet! Last year, my cousin Karl, put on 51 pounds.

Burt: Somebody get Gus another piece of cheese cake.

So, I’m sorry Amber. I didn’t mean to make you feel bad.

But, it wasn’t my fault.

I couldn’t help it.

I’m a guy.

-Jack

[posted with permission and a lot of laughing]

No comments:

Post a Comment