Sunday, October 31, 2010

A Peek Behind the Curtain

It doesn’t happen often, but occassionally the curtain gets pulled back and I get a glimpse into the daily life of Hong Kong.

Julie and I work at and the girls attend an international school so the kids at our school aren’t exactly a representative cross section of Hong Kong. But right next door to our school is a local school. The public footpath to get to Park n Shop and the MTR runs right past this school and affords a good view into the school yard. Normally, when this local school is in session, I am busy teaching my own classes. But the other day, our school had a day off while our neighbors were in session.

As I walked past, I could see a class of middle schoolers practicing their drumming on big red Chinese drums.

They were pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment