Sunday, August 8, 2010

Enkido

As the assistant director for summer school, one of my jobs was to circulate through the building and make sure that everything was running smoothly. Occassionally I would slip into a classroom and join a class in progress. If the kids were coloring at their tables, I would join in.

If they were sitting on the carpet listening to their teacher, I would quietly slip in beside them. But I had to stop doing this last one. Whenever I sat down on the carpet next to the children, the kids around me would stop listening to the teacher. It wasn't my presence per se that was a distraction. It was the fact that when I sat down, all the kid's within arms reach would start playing with my leg hair.

So fuzzy. So hairy.

Apparently over in the land of windmills and wooden shoes, they breed 'em a little hairier than they do here is Southeast Asia.

-Jack

No comments:

Post a Comment