Thursday, June 17, 2010

Newsy Update

I know that I haven’t blogged in forever and now I feel obliged to do that oh-so-bloggy of things and give everybody the newsy update on what’s been going on in the VanNoord household. I apologize in advance that this is going to read like a bad Christmas card update letter. But here goes:

Hey y’all. Sorry I haven’t posted in -like- forever. Wow. It has been like super crazy by us. As you may have heard, Julie’s Dad had a heart attack a month ago and Julie flew back to Chicago to help out. She missed the last two weeks of school and will be home the first of July.

The girls and I managed to finish up the school year. Thanks to their father’s domestic prowess, they even managed to wear ironed uniforms most days. It has been over two weeks since Julie left and we are almost through all of the meals she cooked, labeled and left behind in the freezer. We are not sure what we are going to do for food once those meals run out.

We’ve moved out of our school apartment for the summer. The on-campus housing is used by a couple of different programs during the summer. We will be moving back on campus at the end of July, but in the meantime we are vagabonds. We stayed at one colleague’s home in Tai Wo for three nights and are now staying in a second colleague’s home in Ma On Sha for the remainder of the summer. Both of these families are traveling abroad for the summer.

This Thursday, I will be putting Annika and Elise on a plane so they can spend the summer visiting family and friends in Michigan and Illinois.

The night before we got the news about Julie’s dad’s heart attack, Julie and I had just purchased airline tickets to Vietnam. Julie obviously can’t go, but my brother Nate is flying in from Detroit to go with me.

Well, that’s about all the newsy news. You should be about all caught up. Now back to the good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment